Know the Benefits Of Yam Mantra
The Yam Mantra (Yamraj Mantra)is chanted to help a family survive an untimely death. It is sung on the thirteenth day, or trayodashi tithi, which is two days before Amavasya, or the day when there is no moon.
मृत्युना पाशहस्तेन कालेन भार्यया सह।
त्रयोदश्यां दीपदानात्सूर्यज: प्रीतयामिति।।
Mrityuna Pashahastane Kalen Bhayirya Saha
Trayodashyam Depdanatsuraj Preetayamiti
Benefits Of Yamraj Mantra
The main purpose of reciting this mantra is to ensure that no one in the family dies prematurely. It’s also recited to help people overcome their fear of dying.
How To Chant Yam Mantra?
- On Krishna Paksha Trayodashi Tithi or the thirteenth day, during the waning or dark phase of the moon at night, the mantra must be repeated.
- After everyone in the family has gone to bed, a lamp should be lit.
- The lamp should be lit towards the direction of the southern direction.
- Mustard oil or Sarson ka tel should be used to light the single wick lamp.
- The person who lights the lamp should chant the mantra 13 times.
- Then close the door and then go to sleep.