Fear of Darkness? Chant this Powerful Hanuman Mantra
According to Hindu custom, one should bathe first thing in the morning. After early morning cleansing, all actions like puja, eating, working, and so on should be undertaken. While taking a bath, certain mantras should be repeated. Here’s how to bathe according to Hindu tradition. Just before dawn is the finest time to take a bath.
Here are the steps to be taken while taking Bath
- To begin, fill the bucket with water.
- Next, using the index finger, draw a triangle in the water.
- The beej mantra ‘Hreem’ (ह्रीं) must then be written in the water. You may also use the symbol om (ॐ).
- After this, one has to offer prayers to the personal deity or to Ganesha.
- After that, one should take a bath. A person may recite whatever mantra he or she knows while taking a bath. One should include the below mantra while chanting:-
गंगे च यमुने चैव गोदावरी सरस्वति।
नर्मदे सिन्धु कावेरी जलस्मिन्सन्निधिं कुरु।।
The meaning of the mantra is:-
In this water, I invoke the presence of divine waters from the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu and Kaveri.
6. After taking bath, one should take water in the cup, then face towards the east (rising sun), and chant the Gayatri Mantra.
ॐ भूर्भुवः स्व तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं
भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात॥
Om Bhur Bhuva Svaha
Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo yonah Prachodayat
7. After taking bath, it is highly auspicious to offer water to a few plants or animals.
8. Before conducting puja or retiring to bed in the evening, one should take another bath. Only rivers should be prayed to at this time.