Sanskrit/Vedic name: Karkatha Cancer meaning: The moon, a heavenly body that stands for consolation, self-care, and maternal energy, rules Cancer Zodiac. As a result, Cancer Sun sign are frequently home-focused. They enjoy making comfortable, secure environments that act as their sanctuaries and then spending lots of time there.
Type: Water sign
Cancer Zodiac Date Range: June 22 to about July 22
Symbol: The Crab
Tarot Card: The Chariot
Fellow signs: Pisces and Scorpio
Compatible signs: Taurus, Virgo
Most Compatible signs: Pisces and Scorpio
Opposite sign: Capricorn
The symbol denotes: Cancer is symbolized by a crab, representing the disease’s tendency toward self-preservation. The glyph for Cancer Zodiac resembles a crab, but it means the breasts and stands for the nurturing traits fundamental to Cancer Sun sign.
Noteworthy qualities of Cancer: Caring, sensitive, empathetic, self-protective, security-seeking and providing, loving, and exhibiting a cheesy, ingratiating sense of humour.
Undesirable personality traits: Very sentimental, holds grudges, is possessive, complex, and private.
Favorable things: No matter where they may live, a Cancer Sun sign wants to feel comfortable. To feel comfortable being honest and vulnerable in relationships, they need to feel secure in those interactions. They must feel like they belong to a family.
Things they hate: Cancer Sun sign people frequently experience feelings of exclusion, unlove, and rejection because they are overly sensitive and emotional. They are unlikely to confide in someone about their sentiments; instead, they prefer to keep them to themselves. Their loved ones’ disregard intensifies their pain.
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Stones: Ruby
Lucky Metal: Silver
Lucky Numbers: 5,6,8
Lucky days: Sunday and Monday
Birth colour: Red, Blue, and White
Deepest Need: In addition to being committed, cancers have an abnormal amount of affection for their loved ones. They respect their family and close friends highly and will take tremendous measures to protect them at all costs.
Lifetime wish: The major goal of Cancer’s existence is to teach people how to love without conditions. They are the ideal individuals to rely on since they will always support you in your time of need.
Manta for life: “Own It.”
The quality most needed for balance: The moon, a heavenly body that stands for consolation, self-care, and maternal energy, rules Cancer Sun sign. As a result, Cancers are frequently home-focused. They enjoy making comfortable, secure settings that act as their personal sanctuaries and spending lots of time there.
- Natives of the Cancer Sun sign possess a lot of flexibility.
- Natives of Cancer Zodiac are exceedingly adaptable.
- Natives of the Cancer Sun sign exhibit incredible zeal.
- Residents of Cancer Zodiac are outgoing.
- Natives of the Cancer Sun sign might occasionally be overly sentimental and unreasonable.
- Natives of Cancer can occasionally be arrogant.
- Natives of Cancer might occasionally be sluggish.
- Natives of Cancer tend to be a little unorganized.
- Close relationships provide security, which Cancer needs to thrive.
- The core of their sense of well-being is strong relationships.
- They require a sense of affection.
- A more assertive personality and the ability to make Cancer feel more anchored are frequent characteristics of a Cancer soulmate.
- You fear being abandoned or lonely.
- You detest suffering harm.
- You don’t like being in strange places.
- You stay away from direct conflict.
- You dislike domestic unrest.
The word “cancer” has a long history and is of Indo-European origin. Its root means “to scratch.” The symbol for Cancer was once thought to be a scarab beetle in ancient Egypt and a turtle in Mesopotamia.
An enormous crab from Greek mythology that lived in the Lerna lagoon is called Cancer (from Latin; also known as Carcinos, from the original Greek o: Karkinos) or simply the Crab. He is a supporting figure in the story of Heracles’ twelve labours, attacking Heracles at Hera’s command while Heracles is engaged in combat with Lerna’s Hydra. Hera rewards the Crab for his efforts by transforming him into the constellation of Cancer after Heracles kills him.
- The profound religiosity of Cancerians is evident in all of their deeds.
- They are the type who use the Lord’s name constantly.
- They are the ones that diligently stop by the small hundi (collection box) at the street corner to give money to God or a beggar and put portraits of God in workspaces.
- Sometimes, their religious adherence verges on fanaticism.
The zodiac sign Cancer is a water sign. The Crab symbolizes Cancer’s capacity to exist in both the emotional and material worlds as it slyly moves between the water and the beach.
- Cancers have keen intuition, and their psychic powers show up in physical settings: For instance, They are adept at picking up on the energies in a space.
- These crabs are fiercely protective of themselves and highly sensitive to their surroundings.
- Cancers are protected by tough outer shells, much like their celestial spirit animal. These crabs could initially come out as chilly or aloof.
- However, Cancers eventually show their gentleness, sincere compassion, and mystical skills.
- The moon, a heavenly body that stands for consolation, self-care, and maternal energy, rules Cancer. As a result, Cancers are frequently home-focused.
- They enjoy making comfortable, secure environments that act as their sanctuaries and then spending lots of time there.
- Cancers are fast to take on caretaker responsibilities and have a strong sense of family loyalty.
- These crabs must take caution, though: Cancers risk straddling the line between attentive nurturing and dominating conduct when they invest emotionally in someone.
Because of their dedication, fidelity, and emotional depth, cancers are attractive to both friends and lovers. These crabs are great hosts that adore providing comfort food and unlimited alcoholic beverages. (Since Cancer governs the stomach, nothing makes these crabs happier than a home-cooked supper.) If you don’t like Cancer’s affinity for the home, that could be a little problematic. These celestial crabs can pinch hard with their style of passive-aggression, even though they travel at an angle to avoid a direct collision. Getting Cancer to open up about their problems may be challenging, but you’ll establish enduring trust if you can do it without making them feel intimidated.
Most Compatible Signs
Cancer and Taurus: A Perfect Match
- There is a cordial, laid-back relationship between Taurus, the fixed earth sign, and Cancer since they are sextile or two signs apart.
- The compatibility between these two signs is among the sweetest and most natural in the entire zodiac.
- The Crab’s sincere homebody nature blends well with the Bull’s sluggish, security-loving energy.
- Both naturally tend to be loving and devoted, giving their entire being to a relationship they care about.
- They are frequently passionate about similar sensual sensations (like a sumptuous, home-cooked meal).
- This can result in a very physically and emotionally rewarding expression of shared emotions in a romantic relationship.
Cancer and Gemini: Better as Friends
- Gemini, the mutable air sign, and Cancer are semi-sextile, or one sign apart, which can cause some conflict in relationships.
- The Crab can be tremendously emotional and let their heart take control, while the Twins can be highly analytical and like to lead with their minds.
- The energy balance between the intuitive, brilliant moon and Mercury, the ruling planet of Gemini, can also get off since Mercury moves more quickly than the moon.
- They can create a strong relationship through frequent conversation if they open their brains and hearts to one another’s needs.
Cancer and Cancer: In Sync
- Two Cancers can build a happy, cozy existence together since they are both predisposed to look out for those around them and to invest their hearts in their closest relationships.
- They’ll continuously be there for one another, putting love, family, and mutual support first.
- They are quick to protect one another from any harm or pain the outer world could cause.
- The only negative is that this couple could occasionally get carried away in a sea of melodrama when two people are prone to swimming in all their intense emotions and moodiness.
Cancer and Leo: The Power of Opposites
- Leo, the fifth sign of the zodiac, and the fixed fire sign, is semi-sextile to Cancer, the other fixed fire sign, which might cause some turbulence due to divergent objectives and points of view.
- The dynamic, spotlight-loving Lion, who is ruled by the sun, is pretty much always upbeat and self-assured and prefers to see the bright side of life, whereas the intuitive, wise Crab, who is ruled by the moon, cannot only see but also feel all the nuances of happiness, sadness, and everything in between.
- However, they value loyalty and security above almost anything else, making them seem like somewhat natural pair. They are both devoted, sincere, and inclined to fall in love with love.
Leo and Scorpio are the two zodiac signs that are viewed as Cancerian’s foes. Leo is still fighting against them, so the Cancerian likes to think. Cancerians believe that Scorpions manipulate their emotions.
- Astrologically, Taurus makes a sextile to Cancer, which is very favourable for compatibility and good fortune in the union.
- Taurus and Cancer both prefer calm evenings at home to crazy nights out.
- They are very family-oriented and enjoy eating meals made from scratch.
- They share many fundamental principles that could make a marriage successful.
- Once these two indicators commit, the prospect of divorce has little to no actual sway over them.”
- Virgo also forms a sextile to Cancer, which indicates that they will get along well.
- Virgo, an earth sign, will add pragmatism to the union.
- Cancer will value having a partner who is equally committed to the union as they are.
- Cancer and Capricorn are opposite signs, naturally drawing toward one another.
- Even though they are entirely different, they have qualities that would make a marriage successful.
- Capricorns will value having a warm and loving companion to come home to, while Cancer has someone who can provide them the sense of stability they yearn for.
Astrology indicates Capricorn as Cancer’s soulmate sign, even though it may not seem like a perfect fit. A powerful and mysterious force strongly attains the two to one another.
Leo and Scorpio are the two zodiac signs that are viewed as Cancerian’s foes. Leo is still fighting against them, so the Cancerian likes to think. Cancerians believe that Scorpions manipulate their emotions.
Taurus and Cancer: A Perfect Match
The compatibility between these two signs is among the sweetest and most natural in the entire zodiac.
Both Libra and Cancer adore being in a committed, loving partnership. They are both known for going above and beyond to ensure the happiness of the people they care about, which frequently results in loving and fulfilling partnerships. Additionally, their differences can be advantageous to them in this situation.
Cancer: Sun Sign Compatibility
Cancer and Aries: Although not the best match, Cancer and Aries may work together with enough patience. Conflicts frequently arise between their opposing personality traits because Aries tend to move quickly and are fiery and competitive, while Cancer is kind and sensitive. They can agree by fostering an atmosphere of respect for one another and acknowledging their differences.
Cancer and Taurus: When these two signs get along, their partnership is lovely and laid-back. With no exceptions for one another, they simply fit together. Possession and jealousy can be severe problems if not handled appropriately, even though their relationship is frequently regarded as one that feels like home. Both are content when their traditions and family values are upheld. They bring a lot of intimacy and enjoyment into their lives as devoted partners.
Cancer and Gemini: There is some conflict between Gemini and Cancer. They typically don’t make the best of partners because they have quite various personality features and very different needs in a spouse. If there is anything that can strengthen their bond, it is communication.
Cancer and Cancer: This particular coupling feels like heaven: Cancer and Cancer. When love and family harmony are prioritized, and mutual assistance is offered, two Cancers will probably lead comfortable and happy lives. They remain committed to one another forever. However, extreme emotions and mood swings may lead to disaster.
Cancer and Leo: Leos are dominant and enjoy being in the spotlight, whereas Cancer is perceptive and sensitive. Leo and Cancer have various worldviews and priorities in life. However, if willing to resolve their differences and improve their communication, they would probably create a lovely union because opposites attract!
Cancer and Virgo: They would make a natural and serene couple, Cancer and Virgo. Both have a reputation for being empathetic people who like helping others. Both are passionate and motivated by lofty aspirations. Virgo is frequently overcome by the depths of their relationship’s emotional connection.
Cancer and Libra: Although both Cancer and Libra are like company, they appear not on the same wavelength. Cancer is very emotional, but Libra approaches a relationship with logic and handles it easily. It always comes down to their love vs. miscommunication.
Cancer and Scorpio: Scorpio and Cancer have an excellent connection. Scorpio is a possessive sign that enjoys spiritual, transformational, and intensely physical relationships that work well with a devoted partner like Cancer. Being sensitive, intuitive, and family-oriented, they make one of the most natural and enjoyable couples.
Cancer and Sagittarius: Sagittarius and Cancer make for a challenging pairing. It doesn’t matter that they have a few things in common because Sagittarius is a free-spirited sign, and cancers always desire loyalty and constancy in any relationship they form. They are both spiritual and foodies.
Cancer and Capricorn: Capricorn and Cancer make strong couples. Because cancer emotions drive their behaviour, Capricorns are forward-thinking individuals. They are both discreet about personal matters and would be excellent work partners. Both parties are highly committed to putting in the effort to forge a partnership.
Cancer and Aquarius: This pairing of Cancer and Aquarius feels uneasy and unsure. The oppositely emotional and intuitive Cancer cannot get along with the rational and forward-thinking Aquarius. On a deeper level, though, they are intensely enthusiastic individuals who collaborate and find solutions regarding their specialized careers and hobbies, which they take very seriously.
Cancer and Pisces: These two signs complement each other beautifully. As the escape-seeking behaviour of Pisces and the bossiness of Cancer are frequently contrasted, they also have significant contrasts. According to Pisces’ spiritual and artistic side, Cancer can become happier by learning to use its tension and negative emotions to create a positive and creative lifestyle through art, music, and love.
Cancer Celestial Bodies
The moon, a heavenly body that stands for consolation, self-care, and maternal energy, rules Cancer.
Diana, Princes of Wales
Lana Del Ray
More About Cancer
The Water trigon, which consists of the signs of Cancer, Pisces, and Scorpio, has Cancer as its cardinal sign. It is one of the six negative signs, with the moon as its ruling planet. The sign of Cancer is most frequently shown as a crab; however, some representations include a lobster or crayfish.
The Crab is a symbol for Cancer, the fourth-star sign on the zodiac wheel. Like a crab, a Cancer woman may appear stone, rigid, cold, and reserved on the outside. Still, she has a sentimental soul with vast love and understanding hidden beneath that constrained exterior.
A lady with Cancerian characteristics can live in both the emotional and material worlds.
- She is Strong
- She has intuition.
- She is dependable and devoted
- She has a sensitive nature
- She enjoys working independently
- She is Capable of Sacrificing Her Needs
- Very imaginative and forward-thinking
- Moody and Flexible All at Once
- She has a passion for health
- She is Reliable
Cancers are known for being extremely sensitive, temperamental, and vindictive. In addition to being committed, cancers have an abnormal affection for their loved ones. They respect their family and close friends highly and will take tremendous measures to protect them at all costs.
Cancers have a sharp mind and quick wit that make communicating with their life partner easy. Due to their propensity for falling in love, Cancerians will go to any lengths for their life partner. They would never think to tell their partner a lie. So, they should anticipate that their better half will also possess similar traits.
Positive Cancer Traits
The most notable characteristic of Cancers is their unwavering loyalty.
Cancers are willing to do whatever it takes to care for the people they love, even if it means letting their morals or sense of justice slide. Part of what makes the Cancer Sun sign one of the most loyal in the zodiac is its high capacity for empathy.
In addition to being devoted, Cancers are fiercely protective of their loved ones, often to the point of being unreasonable. They value their family and close friends greatly and frequently go above and above to defend them.
Although this protective mentality might sometimes be intrusive, it is committed and comes from a generous heart.
Another essential trait of Cancer is intuition. Due to their high emotional state and capacity to quickly pick up on others’ dynamic shifts, crabs frequently rely more on their intuition than on their practical or rational sense of judgement.
The Cancer Sun sign also dislikes forced or false things, such as small talk and white lies, as a result of this perception. Therefore, you’d better not lie to a Cancer because they will find out the truth!
The nurturing qualities that cancers are renowned for are an outgrowth of their fundamentally emotional personalities. Indeed, Cancer’s loyalty and protectiveness are examples of this trait.
When it comes to romantic love, crabs are incredibly kind to their mates, but they also demand the same level of consideration and care from them (and become upset if they don’t).
Negative Cancer Traits
1: Too sensitive
The Crab’s inclination to become too sensitive to criticism or any (even mildly) emotional scenario is one of the most brutal Cancer qualities to deal with. You can be sure that if you say something hurtful to a Cancer, they won’t forget it and will probably think about it for the rest of the day.
Indeed, crabs are infamous for spending a lot of time brooding in the shelter of their shells, which frequently causes them to participate in a public act of self-pity. If they continue to feel something is “wrong,” their sensitivity may occasionally lower their self-esteem and even cause them to become a bit paranoid.
Due to the intricacy of their emotions, which can abruptly switch from being exceedingly pleased to terribly unhappy, cancers are renowned for having mood swings. Cancer will quickly retreat into its shells when upset or uneasy.
The sudden dynamic shifts that the Crab experiences, which wax and wane with the moon’s phases, result from the relationship between the Cancer Sun sign and the moon (the sign’s ruling planet). Cancers secretly desire others to be as kind and generous as they are. And if they don’t understand it, prepare for a powerful emotional outburst or mood change!
Cancers enjoy getting their way and typically do so by being compassionate and selfless. However, if it doesn’t succeed, they are prepared to exact revenge on whatever makes them suffer. Never be shocked if a crab becomes a little petty or vindictive if you ever cross them.
Because their emotions can often make them feel insecure and even manipulative, angry crabs should be avoided.
- Due to their traits of loyalty and dedication, cancers are very devoted to romantic relationships.
- They are also incredibly passionate and giving spouses. Still, they demand the same unselfish treatment in return, so Cancers must choose a mate who shares their appreciation for this give-and-take way of life.
You already know that Cancers are highly emotional, so they trust their instincts when falling in love and don’t hesitate to be open and honest about what they want and how much they care.
Although they are typically happiest in serious, long-term partnerships, crabs value their individuality and occasionally like to take time for themselves. Cancers are considered to be creative. Thus they thrive when they sometimes let their imaginations run wild and enjoy their own company.
Cancerians are more likely to gain weight as they age. They frequently experience digestive issues and a sensitive stomach. They might be more prone to gastritis, nausea, gas pains, and ulcers. The main factors that lead to sickness among Cancerians are stress, worry, and tension.
Human resources, nursing, housekeeping, teaching, child care, journaling, and gardening are some professions where cancers typically find work. You qualify for politics because you are traditional and patriotic. Strong instincts and thoughts allow you to be exceptional artists, writers, composers, performers, and psychics. You are capable of being influential leaders, speakers, and preachers. You perform well in the sea, air, navy, shipping, and travel occupations. Corporate executives, editors, writers, gallery owners, art directors, interior designers, lawyers for women’s rights, urban planners, family therapists, computer systems analysts or programmers, home-based business owners, and organizational strategists are all professions you can pursue.
Cancer Men are tender, kind, loving, and considerate of the people they care about sincerely. While you are chivalrous, you are also incredibly sensitive and easily hurt. You might have a unique ability to feel emotions. You can play parts like love, romance, and parenthood, while your counterparts would be lost entirely.
The moon, which governs human feeling and emotional comfort, rules Cancer. As a result, Cancers are often empathetic, intuitive, nurturing, profound, and occasionally mercurial.
From July 21 to June 30, the moon is the decan ruler of Cancer. People born in the first decan will have classic Cancer characteristics.
Pluto is the secondary ruler of the Scorpio decan, which runs from July 1 to July 10 (about). Therefore, people born under this decan will have higher intensity and inward attention levels than other Cancers.
Neptune is the secondary ruler of the Pisces decan, which runs from roughly July 11 to July 22. This decan’s inhabitants will be more imaginative and spiritual than other Cancers.
- They are kind, dependable, and sympathetic.
- Regardless of how busy they may be, they will always find time to support you when things are bad.
- They make fantastic partners and friends who give incredible counsel and are willing to lend you their shoulders when needed.
- It’s simple to believe in Cancer.
Cancer Moon Sign
Although you want to look out for others, you also want to ensure that you are taken care of. You are highly sensitive and inclined to experience many emotions if your Moon sign is in Cancer. It would help if you had someone to comprehend your feelings about something.
More on Sun Sign Compatibility
Aries and Cancer work well together once they realise they are on the same team. While Aries is vying for attention, Cancer is quietly taking care of business behind the scenes. Since each partner can fill the other’s gaps, their partnership is equal.
Cancer and Scorpio are savvy water signs, so they make a harmonious pairing. They will instantly recognize the other’s complexity and mystique.
The compatibility between the zodiac signs of Cancer and Capricorn is often quite good. The two signs can get along well and are devoted to their relationships.
One of the best combinations in the zodiac is Leo and Cancer. Relationships and friendships between Leos and Cancers have the ideal balance of feminine and masculine energy, which makes both parties feel content and joyful.
Even though they have some differences (any couple does), these two signs generally have a harmonious, loving partnership.
It looks quite good for Gemini and Cancer’s relationship. Both of them are adept communicators. While Gemini may teach Cancer how to slow down and take in the environment more fully, Cancer can help Gemini come out of its shell.
In casual friendships or relationships, this combination can get along well, but compatibility problems tend to show up more commonly when things get serious.
Both indications can comprehend their partner’s actions and maintain their composure around them. They might need some time to get along, though. But as soon as they do, there is no need to worry about trust concerns or separation.
Libra romantic relationships frequently have the highest cancer compatibility. Both Libras and Cancers adore being in a committed relationship and enjoy being in love. Additionally, they are both recognised for going above and beyond to ensure the happiness of the people they care about, which frequently results in partnerships that are loving and fulfilling.
Cancer Sun sign and Cancer Zodiac make an incredibly dedicated and steadfastly devoted couple. The ins and outs of each other’s partners will be revealed, as well as the most effective strategies to warm up or, if required, calm down their companion. The deep devotion they have to one another will also bring both of them considerable comfort and satisfaction.
This is a love affair that has the potential to get better and better as time goes on. Virgo and Cancer both have a strong sense of discipline and goals. They have a strong sense of purpose and are really committed to one another.
Long-lasting is the pairing of Aquarius and Cancer Sun sign. They support one another during good times and bad. When the love relationship between Aquarius and Cancer is sincere and rational, it is enjoyable. If Aquarius exhibits dominance or power, Cancer may become agitated.
- What attitude might a Cancer have?
Cancers are known for being extremely sensitive, temperamental, and vindictive. In addition to being committed, cancers have an abnormal amount of affection for their loved ones.
- Who will a Cancer marry?
Scorpio and the Pisces
- Who is the true love of Cancer?
Taurus and Capricorn make the best companions for Cancers. Both of these grounded earth signs value consistency and stability in their relationships, and Cancer values these qualities in a mate. Taurus is able to relate to Cancer’s reclusive inclinations, and the two signs may share a love of lounging about the house.